Amn Wilkins

Amn Wilkins
Me at BMT Graduation

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wow! It's been a while

Well, it's been a while since I have been on here. The last post I had was in 2007 sometime, and a lot has happened since then. Both of my sisters and I have all gotten married, and my oldest sister has one kid, Shane, and one in the oven. Mom and Dad moved to Ohio, and now share a house with the Halls, who moved up from FL.

One of the reasons I decided to get back into blogging, is that I have moved out of the area, and thought that this would be a good way to let people know what is going on in Heather and I's life.

Heather is currently attending school to attain a degree in Social Work. I am in training to USAF Honor Guard (only 2.5 weeks left), and when I am done, I will be know as a CEREMONIAL GUARDSMAN! However, I hope to be able to do other things than just ceremonies in this job. Basically, a Ceremonial Guardsman does parades, funerals, and change of command/retirement ceremonies. From their, I can be "scouted" to join a different element within the Honor Guard. There are 3 elements and 2 flights in the Honor Guard. The elements are Body Bearers, Colors, and Firing Party. The flights are Parade Flight, and Drill Team. Automatically from graduation of Tech School we go into Parade; however, I hope to get onto the Colors team quickly.

So, with all this cool stuff about Honor Guard, I will be based in Washington D.C. for the next couple of years until my tour at HG is done. Heather will be joining me here in a couple of weeks! :) From there I will be going into engineering and training with the ARMY. Well, that is about it for now, I need to go iron.

No comments: